The double gameweek is finally over, so how did you do? Are you back in with a shot at the top spot, clawed back some points on a rival or is it game over for another season? Whatever the case, there are still two gameweeks to go and points to play for this weekend.
With the midweek action in mind, there is only one Premier League game on Saturday with Villa taking on Chelsea in the lunchtime fixture. Villa will look to capitalise on any tiredness in the Chelsea ranks to get the points to secure their Premier League survival.
There is a bumper-packed Sunday to make up for the previous day with 7 fixtures in total finishing with Sir Fergie’s final game at Old Trafford with United taking on Swansea. It’s sure to be an electric atmosphere with the United fans giving Fergie a send-off to remember.
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. So without further ado, here is our selection for the penultimate gameweek of the season:
- Jussi JAASKELAINEN [EVE(A), 5.2m] – Jaaskelainen has made an incredible 150 saves so far this season and it’d be interesting to see where West Ham would be without such a reliable shot stopper. Travelling to Everton for Moyes’ final game in charge won’t be the easiest of tasks but even if Jaaskelainen doesn’t keep a clean sheet, there are bound to be save points on the cards.
- Kyle WALKER [STO(A), 6.1m] – Walker had a productive double gameweek, picking up the assist for Bale’s winner against Southampton including bonus. Following the draw at Stamford Bridge, Spurs still have dreams of Champions League and AVB will expect no less than a win at Stoke.
- Phil JONES [SWA(H), 5.6m] – Jones was unfortunate to have deflected Mata’s winner past Lindegaard but he did have several decent attacking opportunities. The atmosphere is sure to be pumping at Old Trafford and we’re expecting a strong win for Fergie to sign off on, where Jones will have the chance to collect points at either end of the pitch.
- Leighton BAINES [WHM(H), 7.8m] – The same can be said for Everton star, Leighton Baines. At Goodison, the Everton fans will look to pay their respect to an excellent manager in Moyes as he departs for United. Moyes will want to finish his final Everton season on a high and Baines will be looking to give him the perfect send off.
- Phillippe COUTINHO [FUL(A), 6.7m] – Coutinho continues to look a class act with excellent vision and the ability to thread balls through with the outside of his boot. Fulham were punished by Reading who put 4 past them and if they play like that again, Coutinho could be in for a strong score in Gameweek 37.
- Theo WALCOTT (C) [WIG(H), 9.0m] – It took no time at all for Walcott to find the back of the net against QPR and we’re backing him to come good again. Relegation-threatened Wigan need points desperately and will be pushing hard for the victory but it will be an amazing feat if they manage to stop Arsenal from scoring at the Emirates.
- Juan MATA [AVL(A), 10.1m] – Despite the Europa League final taking place next week, Benitez will be forced to field his best player against Villa as Champions League football is not yet guaranteed. This won’t be an easy match as Villa look for the points to secure their Premier League status but Mata has the quality to punish any defence.
- Gareth BALE [STO(A), 10.9m] – Bale scored another belter against Southampton but was subdued by the Chelsea defence. Against Stoke he may have more luck and once again we have chosen the Welshman in our Select XI. He has the potential to turn it on against any side and the Stoke backline will not be looking forward to containing him this weekend.
- Rickie LAMBERT [SUN(A), 6.9m] – Lambert was unlucky with his free kick that hit the post in Gameweek 36 but Southampton will be keen to grab all 3 points in their crunch match against Sunderland. A win would secure their Premier League status for another season and we’re backing their main man to come good once again in the penultimate fantasy premier league gameweek.
- Robin VAN PERSIE [SWA(H), 13.7m] – This Sunday is sure to be an emotional farewell to Old Trafford for Fergie and the United players will be keen to make it a victorious one. With this in mind, we’re backing RVP to once again remind Fergie why he was brought to the successful Manchester club.
- Wayne ROONEY [SWA(H), 11.7m] – There’s been more talk of Rooney’s dissatisfaction at United this week but if Fergie is hoping to change his mind once more, Rooney will take his place in the starting eleven for this memorable match. With the crowd singing Fergie’s name throughout the match, it’ll be a positive atmosphere in which to remind Rooney of what he might miss out on if he follows through with his plan to leave.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to email@example.com or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: Flickr – wonker