With the international break finally over, it’s time to get back to domestic issues. Although, some of you may be fretting over injuries like Pardew and Fergie. Krul, Coloccini, Kagawa and Van Persie all returned with various knocks, with us all in the dark as to how much gametime the two United stars will get this weekend. He would’ve been a guaranteed choice for the Select XI this week but with the question mark hanging over his fitness and Galatasaray in midweek, we have decided to overlook him.
However, that’s enough talk about who’s not in our eleven, read on below to see who we’ve chosen for Gameweek 4. If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Premier League Fantasy Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. So without further ado, here is our selection for the fourth gameweek of the season:
- Mark SCHWARZER [WBA(H), 5.0m] – In Gameweek 4, it’s quite difficult to predict which teams will keep clean sheets, especially as teams have struggled during the start of the season. Fulham will be looking to get the season back on track against the Baggies and Schwarzer will have his eyes on a clean sheet.
- Carlos CUELLAR [LIV(H), 4.5m] – Cuellar provides excellent value at 4.5m and under O’Neill, they will improve defensively during the course of season. As always, Suarez will be a danger but Liverpool have not looked great attacking and Sunderland could collect a rare clean sheet this weekend.
- Kieran GIBBS [SOT(H), 5.5m] – Steve Bould seems to have stamped his mark on this Arsenal defence already, with the team yet to concede a goal this season. Gibbs has played every game so far and looks to have the left back spot secured, with a bonus point picked up in the previous gameweek. Southampton are likely to cause some problems but Arsenal’s chances of a clean sheet are as good as anyone’s in Gameweek 4.
- RAFAEL da Silva [WIG(H), 5.6m] – United take on Wigan in their next premier league fantasy matchup and although there is no such thing as an easy win, Fergie will be disappointed if he finishes the game with anything less than 3 points. They will look to keep it tight at the back and with Rafael’s attacking potential, he takes the final defensive slot in our Select XI.
- Antonio VALENCIA [WIG(H), 8.9m] – To continue the United theme, we have Valencia in midfield. Recently, Ashley Young has spoken of his admiration for his fellow team mate and despite being sent off in his last friendly, Valencia will be raring to go against Wigan. There is every chance that he will add to the assist he picked up in Gameweek 3 when Wigan visit Old Trafford this weekend.
- Steven PIENAAR [NEW(H), 6.6m] – Everton have started the season strongly and will look to continue this when they take on Newcastle in Gameweek 4. Pienaar will be the man to pull the strings and he could cause all sorts of problems for the out of position right back Anita. To add to Newcastle’s woes, their reliable shot stopper Krul is out for 2-3 games and will be a big miss if Harper fails to step up.
- Santi CAZORLA(C) [SOT(H), 9.1m] – Cazorla has made a great fantasy premier league start, settling in straight away and this will no doubt be due to the free role he’s been given by Wenger. Playing in the hole, Cazorla has the vision to craft chances out of nothing and will be a must-have when Arsenal’s fixtures improve. With this in mind, we have given him the captain’s armband for our Gameweek 4 Select XI.
- Eden HAZARD [QPR(A), 10.2m] – Another player who has taken no time to settle in is Hazard, collecting an impressive 6 assists already. This rate of return is unlikely to continue but when a player is in this sort of form, it is impossible to ignore. Hughes will be looking for QPR to improve their defensive form or they could be punished by the young Belgian when Chelsea arrive at Loftus Road this weekend
- Steven FLETCHER [LIV(H), 7.0m] – Although not being fully fit, Fletcher grabbed 2 goals in his debut against Swansea. After a lack of involvement in Scotland’s internationals, he will be raring to go when Liverpool rock up at Sunderland this weekend. Fletcher isn’t the greatest of strikers but he has a knack for finding the back of the net and a shaky Liverpool backline will have to be on their guard against the Scotsman.
- Carlos TEVEZ [STO(A), 9.8m] – Tevez has had an incredible start to the fantasy football season and although Aguero is back in training, he is not expected to feature just yet. This leaves Tevez to provide the attacking threat when City travel to Stoke. This is a tricky fixture but with the form that Tevez is in, we can’t ignore him for Gameweek 4.
- Fernando TORRES [QPR(A), 10.1m] – Another striker who has started the season in confident fashion is Fernando Torres. Chelsea fans have waited a long time to see the Spaniard regain his form and Torres finally looks dangerous once again. QPR have struggled defensively and Torres will be looking to capitalise on this in an attempt to add to his goal tally for the season.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to email@example.com or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway! For a second chance to win a squad analysis, join our “League of Addicts” by entering the following code: 98894-156973, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Image Credit: Flickr – Ronnie Macdonald