With Gameweek 5 quickly approaching, it’s time to turn our attention to who we think will score highly this weekend. There are some cracking matchups with Liverpool taking on United and Man City hosting Arsenal. These are sure to be matches you don’t want to miss out on but they do make things a little unpredictable going into Gameweek 5.
With that in mind, most of our focus is directed away from the two blockbusters. If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Premier League Fantasy Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. So without further ado, here is our selection for the fourth gameweek of the season:
- Steve HARPER [NOR(H), 4.5m] – With Tim Krul still recovering from injury, Harper is our choice between the sticks. Newcastle host Norwich on Sunday and Pardew will be looking for 3 points. With Norwich drawing a blank at home to West Ham in Gameweek 4, Harper will be eyeing up a clean sheet to stake his claim for the Newcastle jersey.
- Branislav IVANOVIC [STO(H), 6.9m] – Chelsea were given a stern test by Italian champions Juventus last night and will be hoping for a better result against Stoke. Ivanovic has already proved his attacking threat during the start of the season and with this in mind, he takes our first defensive spot in the Select XI.
- Gareth MCAULEY [RDG(H), 5.2m] – West Brom were holding their own before Odemwingie’s moment of madness reduced them to 10 men last weekend in Gameweek 4. At home, they should be confident of a result against Reading and Steve Clarke will be hoping for another clean sheet at the Hawthorns to continue a strong start to the season.
- Kyle WALKER [QPR(H), 6.5m] – Tottenham finally got their premier league fantasy season up and running last gameweek with a victory over Reading. Walker showed his attacking potential to set up Bale and may be able to rack up a clean sheet this Sunday, if QPR continue to struggle in front of goal.
- James MORRISON [RDG(H), 6.0m] – Morrison recently signed a new 4-year deal with the Baggies following his strong start to the season. He has already notched up 20 fantasy points with a goal and an assist to mark himself out as a budget midfielder. Reading may be travelling to the Hawthorns in the hope of snatching a result but they will need to keep a close eye on the Scotsman who is thriving in the hole behind the striker.
- Hatem BEN ARFA [NOR(H), 7.7m] – Ben Arfa is clearly a talented individual and a very tricky customer. He has the ability to run past players as if they were ghosts and has a keen eye for goal. With Norwich up next, the Frenchman is in a prime position to pick up more fantasy premier league points this weekend.
- Eden HAZARD(C) [STO(H), 10.3m] – Another fantasy premier league player who has also shown a great ability of dribbling on the ball is the young Belgian, Hazard. He has already created several penalty opportunities and it’s this danger that has almost made him a guaranteed pick for many fantasy football squads. For his attacking potential we have given him the Select XI captain’s armband in Gameweek 5. The Stoke defence will have to be on their guard at Stamford Bridge in what proves to be a tricky encounter for the Potters.
- Gareth BALE [QPR(H), 9.3m] – Bale has struggled to replicate the excellent returns from last season in the opening games of the Premier League but he finally got off the mark with a bit of luck against Reading. Although, he didn’t strike the ball cleanly, it found the back of the net and this should boost his confidence. QPR managed to shut out Chelsea in their last home game but it will be a lot tougher travelling away to visit Spurs.
- Luis SUAREZ [MUN(H), 9.4m] – Suarez reacted well against Sunderland to grab his second goal of the season and continues to be a threat to any opposition. With it being the first Anfield game since the Hillsborough findings, we can expect a powerful atmosphere and the Liverpool players will feel every fan behind them. Add into the mix that this is against their rivals United and Suarez could be in for a strong points haul this weekend.
- Papiss Demba BA [NOR(H), 7.7m] – Despite being left out of the starting line up on Monday night, Demba Ba came off the bench at half time to notch a brace and show his potency up front against Everton. He has recently stated his displeasure of being played out of position via his agent and given his recent performance, Demba Ba is likely to be given another chance up top to impress against Norwich.
- Carlos TEVEZ [ARS(H), 9.9m] – Tevez continued his great start to the season with an assist in City’s previous match and was brought off early in preparation for their match against Real Madrid. The loss to Madrid will have been a bitter pill to swallow and the City players will be chomping at the bit to make up for it. The match against Arsenal won’t be an easy game but they recently showed some weaknesses in their match against Montpellier and Tevez will once again be the threat up top.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway! For a second chance to win a squad analysis, join our “League of Addicts” by entering the following code: 98894-156973, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Image Credit: Flickr – The_Old_Grey_Wolf