With the Champions League out of the way, it’s time to get back to domestic league action as Gameweek 7 approaches. An international break immediately follows this weekend so make the most of this fantasy action before it disappears for a fortnight. The games are pretty evenly shared over the weekend but City kick things off by hosting Sunderland in the Saturday lunchtime fixture and West Ham take on Arsenal in the evening fixture. Sunday has some great matches too with the highlight being Newcastle vs Man United at 4pm.
To help you plan ahead for the weekend, we’ve taken a look at the fixtures and form, and have come up with some players you might want to consider bringing in or captaining for Gameweek 7. If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Premier League Fantasy Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. So without further ado, here is our selection for the fourth gameweek of the season:
- Ben FOSTER [QPR(H), 5.2m] – West Brom have been strong defensively at home and Foster is currently the third highest points scorer for goalkeepers. With the Baggies hosting QPR, Foster will be looking to continue his strong form in front of goal with a 4th clean sheet of the season.
- Vincent KOMPANY [SUN(H), 7.4m] – Despite conceding against Dortmund, Kompany is the first name in our defence for Gameweek 7. The City captain is guaranteed to start and Sunderland have struggled to create chances all season. If the City defence can keep an eye on in-form Fletcher, a shutout will be a likely result come Saturday lunchtime.
- Branislav IVANOVIC [NOR(H), 7.1m] – Ivanovic has been no stranger to attacking this season and with Chelsea taking on Norwich, the Serbian finds himself in our Select XI. Ivanovic has the ability to score points at both ends of the field and he could be in for a high score against a struggling Norwich.
- Angel RANGEL [RDG(H), 5.2m] – Swansea have struggled with their premier league fantasy form of late but Laudrup will be looking at their next two fixtures as a chance to turn things around. First up is Reading who put up a good fight against Newcastle but as we all know travelling away is very different from home comforts. With this in mind we fancy Rangel’s chances of a clean sheet with the added bonus of his attacking potential.
- Gareth BALE [AVL(H), 9.4m] – Bale is back in business following his goal and 2 assists at Old Trafford last weekend and with Villa visiting, he could be in for another high score. Villa are still struggling to find their feet and AVB will want Spurs to push on from their excellent win against United with another victory.
- Miguel MICHU [RDG(H), 7.3m] – Michu made an incredible start to the season but has recently failed to deliver fantasy football returns. His performances and stats suggest that he still has the potential to score highly and for this reason, he has secured a spot in our Select XI. Reading have not kept a clean sheet all season and it is unlikely that they will begin this weekend.
- James MORRISON [QPR(H), 6.0m] – Morrison is an interesting fantasy premier league differential with an ownership of just 1.6%. Playing in the hole, he has threatened time and time again, and he may just deliver in Gameweek 7. QPR were all over the place at the back on Monday night and if Hughes doesn’t address his defensive concerns, they will be staring at another defeat on Saturday.
- Juan MATA [NOR(H), 8.8m] – Juan Mata was excellent in his debut season and he seems to have regained his form of late. Mata followed up his match-winning performance at the Emirates with a brace on Tuesday night away at Nordsjaelland. Norwich recently conceded 5 at home to Liverpool and they could be in for another difficult afternoon when they visit Stamford Bridge this weekend.
- Fernando TORRES [NOR(H), 9.9m] – Torres played a big role in the win over Arsenal with a goal and an assist, and he will be looking for more fantasy points when Chelsea take on Norwich. As the focal point of the Chelsea attack, Torres will be in a prime position to benefit. With Suarez grabbing a hat trick against Norwich last weekend, Torres will be having similar thoughts come 3pm on Saturday afternoon.
- Sergio AGUERO [SUN(H), 11.0m] – Aguero is an excellent striker and he continued his return from injury with a goal at Craven Cottage last weekend. He also contributed to the midweek draw against Dortmund by creating the penalty for the equaliser. Sunderland will have to keep a close eye on him if they have any hopes of securing a result at the Etihad.
- Luis SUAREZ (C) [STO(H), 9.4m] – Away at Norwich, Suarez finally delivered with a massive 20-point haul, playing a part in 4 of Liverpool’s goals. He will be full of confidence and Stoke will have their work cut out when they visit Anfield this weekend. Suarez has undoubted ability and with Liverpool looking to continue their climb up the table, we have given the captain’s armband to the Uruguayan.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to email@example.com or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway! For a second chance to win a squad analysis, join our “League of Addicts” by entering the following code: 98894-156973, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Image Credit: Flickr – RuaraidhG